Taking care of your clothes with the correct washing technique
Washing seems to be a necessity that never ends.
To help you look after your clothes and get the most out of your washing cycle, we have outlined several tips for washing clothes.
- First things first. Check the labels on your clothes to be sure they can be washed and that it doesn’t state ‘dry cleaning only.’
- Before you load your washing machine, take the time to straighten out sleeves and trouser legs, close zips and untangle clothes. It will save time on drying and ironing.
- Get rid of grubby collars by rubbing shampoo into the stain before putting it through the wash.
Our tips for drying clothes
- Remove clothes from the tumble dryer before they’re bone dry to avoid static cling.
- Dry heavy knits by hanging in a mesh shopping bag in the shower, before drying flat on a towel.
- Dirty clotheslines can make clothes spotty and in need of a rewash. Make sure you wipe your clothesline down with a wet cloth on a regular basis.
Find more useful tips here.