Making your bin smell fresh with bin deodorisers
Smelly bins can be quite off-putting not to mention unhygienic in areas such as the kitchen where food preparation takes place.
This handy little guide shows you how to make bin deodorisers.
1. Add the following to a glass mixing bowl: –
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
2. Mix the ingredients well
- Tip: Use your fingers or the back of the spoon to break up any clumps.
- Tip: When you’re done, the mixture should look like cookie dough.
3. Place the mixture into a silicone mould.
- Tip: It’s important to press down firmly so that the mixture gets tightly packed. This will make your deodorizing tabs much more sturdy so that they hold together in the storage container and in the trashcan. If packed too loosely, they could be fragile and fall apart.
4. Allow deodorising tabs to dry overnight. Once completely dry, remove them from the mold and store in airtight container.
This will leave your bin smelling much fresher.
Find more useful cleaning tips here.